Tighten your laces! Let the competition and fun begin!
We are planning to hold the 3rd annual Fun Run/Walk in support of the CAGP. Challenge your colleagues, friends and family to join you on this 5 km run or 3 km walk through scenic Halifax!
When: Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 7:00 a.m.
Start Location: Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Route Map: Click here to view the Run Route. Click here to view the Walk Route.
Details: 5 km run or 3 km walk
Entry Fee: $35.00
Once you have registered for the Fun Run/Walk, you will be assigned to a team based on your location (e.g. Bluenosers for Maritime provinces). Team donations are encouraged and can be directed to support the CCSMH, CAGP resident and trainee awards and initiatives, education or advocacy efforts.
To see the teams and their participants, or to make a donation, click here.
If you haven’t participated in the CAGP Fun Run/Walk before there are no excuses to sit it out this year! Highlights and additional features of this year’s event include:
- Beautiful, scenic 5 km route for runners (30 minutes) and 3 km route for walkers (45 minutes)
- Start time has been moved to 7:00 a.m., allowing you an extra hour of sleep!
- The team that raises the most in donations will be awarded the "Resilience Cup"! To donate to a team, click here.
- Also new this year, CAGP/CCSMH is opening up our Fun Run/Walk to our gracious host community! Organizations and individuals from Halifax and the Nova Scotia region who wish to support our cause will be able to participate or donate as well. This will help us to raise awareness about seniors’ mental health and raise funds to support the important work of the CAGP and CCSMH.
This promises to be a really fun event for all participants, and a great way to raise funds and awareness for seniors’ mental health. Come out and enjoy the company of your colleagues while taking in the beauty and history of Halifax. We look forward to seeing you there!
CAGP-CCSMH Fun Run Route Information
- Start at the conference Hotel – Waterfront Marriott
- Meet in the lobby at 7:00a.m. sharp
- If you are participating as a team, please get together at this time
- Determine if you're going to walk or run
- We will begin by walking along the waterfront and boardwalk
- We will zip past the historic properties with shopping and fun pub-life. You will see the Dartmouth Ferry to your left, and Canada’s only mouth blown and hand cut crystal at Nova Scotia Crystal on your right
- We will continue on the boardwalk going by many fun eateries, the iconic Wave Sculpture, and finally the Discovery Centre
- We will take a left at Halifax’s wonderful Farmer’s Market
- For those interested in visiting another time, the Market is right next to the National Museum of Pier 21 – Canada’s Immigration Gateway
- We’ll then head up Marginal Road, then Terminal Road
- We’ll round the bend to South Street where you’ll hit your first – and only – hill of the journey. We will take the right at Queen Street so we ca catch a view of one of CNN’s “Top 10 Eye-Popping Buildings of 2014”: The Halifax Central Library. Just look closely and you will see that the building is a stack of books!
- From there, we will steer left onto the fun and packed Spring Garden Road – another fun shopping destination
- Then we will catch a left onto South Park Street to run by the beautiful Victorian flower displays of the Halifax Public Gardens
- Finally, we will weave around the National Historic Citadel Hill, then head back down Duke Street to arrive at the hotel