MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
- To be the voice of and advance the field of Geriatric Psychiatry in Canada.
- To foster high quality and equitable mental health care for older adults through education and advocacy.
- To work with the CCSMH to promote the mental wellness of older adults and interprofessional models of care.
- Promoting the wellbeing and advancing the mental health of older adults in Canada.
CAGP Core Values:
- Promotion of older adults’ well-being, health and quality of life in Canada.
- Professional development and excellence through dissemination of knowledge and promotion of best practices.
- Advocacy for geriatric psychiatry as a distinct body of knowledge and skills.
- Advancement of interprofessional models of care.
- Collaborate with other organizations supporting seniors' mental health
Updated by the CAGP Board of Directors September, 2022