Any program, corporation, non-governmental organization or individual helping to combat ageism and stigma, to highlight and promote the strengths associated with aging and the potential and value of older adults in our society. Seniors' mental health teams, programs and individuals can all be nominated. Priority will be given to nominees in the healthcare, continuing care and not-for-profit sectors.
The award winner will be recognized at the CAGP-CCSMH Annual Scientific Meeting to be held virtually on October 29-30, 2021. The winner will be provided with one complimentary registration to the ASM. A profile on the successful individual(s) and/or team(s) will be included in the CAGP and CCSMH e-newsletter to members following the ASM.
The nominee or team must meet some or all of the qualities outlined below:
Nominations can be made by sending a nomination letter(s) to email@example.com. The letter (max 500 words) can outline merits of the nominee, description of program or individual work and success to date, impact on seniors’ mental health etc. Letters can be accompanied by collaborating material such as formal program evaluations, program descriptions, pamphlets and/or client reviews of program and services.
- Outstanding interprofessional and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Integration of mental and physical health care and/or support systems integration/navigation of older adults.
- Exemplary teamwork.
- Outstanding educational initiatives.
- Innovative program development and/or initiatives to build a community of practice in seniors’ mental healthcare at a regional, provincial or national level.
- Innovative programming or initiatives to combat ageism and stigma.
- Promotion of the strengths associated with aging and the value of older adults to our society.
Inclusion (if available) of statements made by older adults or their caregivers who have been positively impacted by the work of the nominee*
*Please note such a statement requires anonymity or written patient consent to be provided in the nomination submission.