The Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry will be offering $2,000 to help support a resident that wishes to develop his or her interest in geriatric psychiatry.
The purpose of the Resident Award of the Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry is to promote the development of future Canadian psychiatrists with a special interest in geriatric psychiatry.
Canadian Psychiatric Residents enrolled in PGY-2, PGY-3, PGY-4 or PGY-5 of a postgraduate psychiatry training program as of July 2013 and a current CAGP member.
The Award provides Residents with the financial resources to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry and to network with members of the CAGP.
The successful applicant will be asked to prepare a poster presentation, either briefly outlining a proposal or presenting results of scholarly activity at the CAGP Annual Meeting in Ottawa, September 25, 2013.
Following attendance at the annual meeting, if the full amount of the award has not been used, the resident may elect to use the remainder to support activities which promote his/her knowledge skills and experience in geriatric psychiatry i.e. other related courses/conferences, electives, books, journals etc. The resident has up until the following year's Annual Scientific Meeting to use their $2,000.
Application Due: April 9, 2013
The CAGP resident award is for $2,000. We recommend that this be used for travel and accommodation to the Annual Scientific Meeting and for other academic activities supporting your training in geriatric psychiatry. This award is not renewable.
To apply please forward the following:
- Letter by applicant detailing interest and previous experience in geriatric psychiatry, an outline of a proposed research project or other scholarly activity in geriatric psychiatry to be completed in the 2013-2014 academic year, and future career goals.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letters of reference from the applicant’s Postgraduate Director and Head of Division of Geriatric Psychiatry.
Applications are to be forwarded electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you have any questions please contact us.
The successful applicant will be notified by May 2013.
PAST CAGP RESIDENT AWARD WINNERS
- Dr. Maria Hussain, Queen's University
- Dr. Jennifer Barley, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Soham Rej, McGill University
- Dr. Holly Dornan, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Joëlle Desfossés, University of Montreal
- Dr. Sara Brunelle, Universite de Montreal
- Dr. Andrea Iaboni, University of Toronto
- Dr. Genevieve Létourneau, Universite de Montreal
- Dr. Andrea Bardell
- Dr. Marla Davidson
- Evelyne Thuot (Special Resident Award: applies to 2009 only)
- Dr. Joanna Mansfield
- Dr. Sharon Duff
Dr. Dallas Seitz
Dr. Shannon MacDonald
- Dr. Sarah Halliday
- Dr. Vinay Lodha
- Dr. Mathew Morgan
For a complete list of past Award Recipients please click here.