Psychiatry Residents & Fellows
The Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry (CAGP) is pleased to offer Complimentary Memberships to Psychiatry Residents & Fellows under the category of Member-in-Training (MIT).
Members-in-training are physicians who are registered in an approved postgraduate training program in psychiatry. They may apply to become members-in-training and remain such, as long as they are registered in such a training program. Members-in-training who go on to further fellowship training may extend their member-in-training status by one year upon application and providing documentation of being enrolled in such a training program.
The CAGP strives to represent its members as key opinion leaders in the areas of education, research and public policy in relation to geriatric psychiatry. By offering complimentary memberships to Medical Students and Residents we invite you to learn more about the academy, get to know our members and activities and become apart of the National voice on geriatric psychiatry in Canada.
By joining CAGP, you are supporting the growth of Geriatric Psychiatry as a subspecialty in Canada. The activities of the CAGP include:
National Traineeship Strategy
Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry National Traineeship Strategy Initiatives:
- The Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry (CAGP) is pleased to offer Complimentary Memberships to Psychiatry Residents & Fellows under the category of Member-in-Training (MIT).
- The CAGP Facebook Page is being launched. Make sure to “Like” the CAGP on Facebook to be entered to win an iPad 3!
- Eight $500 bursaries for residents to attend the joint CAGP and Canadian Coalition for Seniors Mental Health (CCSMH) conference in Banff, AB September 21-22, 2012 themed “Celebrating the Past, Present and Future of Seniors’ Mental Health.” Bursaries will be awarded in a lottery-style fashion to residents who either a) REGISTER for the conference, or b) SIGN-UP online here, by AUGUST 15, 2012.
- Two $500 bursaries for senior residents/fellows to attend the CAGP National Review Course in Geriatric Psychiatry on September 23-24, 2012 in Banff, AB. Bursaries will be awarded in a lottery-style fashion to those who either a) REGISTER for the Review Course, or b) SIGN-UP online, by August 15, 2012.
- A CAGP Members-in-Training Luncheon at the annual meeting in Banff, AB. The luncheon will provide networking opportunities with fellow members-in-training and geriatric psychiatrists. Members-in-Training will be matched to a mentor through the CAGP. A short 30 minute didactic presentation on the subspecialization of geriatric psychiatry and future fellowship training opportunities will be provided.
- Development of a survey titled “Assessment of Resident Needs and Attitudes Towards Geriatric Psychiatry”.
- Support of the Canadian Medical Students National Geriatrics Interest Group.
to download the bookmark
- The board held a strategic planning session in the last half of 2011 through which they agreed to target new initiatives in 2012, including the development of a Trainee Strategy in support of MIT members. Should you wish to know more or get involved please contact: Leya Duigu at email@example.com.
- Leading the development of the newly approved subspecialty in Geriatric Psychiatry
- Planning a National Review Course to assist candidates in preparing for the new subspecialty exam
- Developing the core competencies for resident training and Guidelines for Fellowship Training
- Hosting an Annual Scientific Meeting in the fall of each year
- Establishing partnerships with like minded organizations such as the Canadian Psychiatric Association and International Psychogeriatric Association
- Sponsoring geriatric psychiatry speakers at meetings hosted by like minded organizations
Benefits of Membership
- You will receive a quarterly e-Newsletter containing regional updates, links to resources and events
- You will have access to the CAGP website with a Members Only area that provides opportunities to connect with colleagues across the country
- You will be eligible for discounts on meetings hosted by CAGP
Join now by completing an Online Membership Application Form.