CAGP Geriatric Psychiatry Training AwardThe Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry is offering an award of $2,500, to a resident accepted into a Canadian Geriatric Psychiatry sub-specialty program to support the development and completion of a scholarly project during their training.
The purpose of this award is to support the development and completion of the advanced level academic project described in the Specialty Training Requirements for Geriatric Psychiatry (STR) of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.This academic project may be in the area of research, education, service development and/or advocacy as it pertains to Geriatric Psychiatry and related CanMEDs roles. The award also provides the successful applicant with the financial support to attend the 2016 and 2017 CAGP Annual Meetings. The recipient will formally receive their award at the 2016 meeting to be held in Quebec City, September 29-October 1, 2016 and are expected to give a short presentation on their project at the 2017 meeting (date and location to be determined).
The award will be given out in one installment in 2016.
There are a total of two Training Awards available for allocation in 2016.
Applicants must have completed their psychiatric residency training and be eligible for, or have received, their FRCPC. They must be accepted into an accredited Canadian Geriatric Psychiatry sub-specialty program. The applicant will be expected to present their project at the CAGP Annual Meeting in 2017.
Applicants must be current CAGP Members-In-Training.
The application should include:
Application Due: April 29, 2016.
- A description of the proposed academic project
- Other sources of financial support.
- A letter indicating their reasons for pursuing subspecialty training in Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Letters of support from supervising faculty (who is a CAGP member) indicating recommendation and commitment to facilitate the proposed project,
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae with current contact information.
- Letter confirming the applicant’s stage of training and FRCPC eligibility from their current Psychiatry Program Director
- Letter confirming acceptance into a Canadian sub-specialty training program in geriatric psychiatry for the 2016-2017 academic year
- The Awards Committee of the CAGP will review all applications. They will be judged based on merit.
Please submit your completed application package electronically to email@example.com, with all sections clearly marked to CAGP Awards Committee.
The successful applicant will be notified by May 31, 2016.If you have any questions please contact us.
CAGP Geriatric Psychiatry Training Award
- Dr. Kathleen Bingham, University of Toronto (2015)
- Dr. Nadeesha Fernando, University of British Columbia (2014)
- Dr. Holly Dornan, University of Ottawa (2013)
Past CAGP Fellowship Award Recipients
- Dr. Jennifer Brault, University of Ottawa (2012)
- Dr. Andrea Iaboni, University of Toronto (2011)
- Dr Tegan Sacevich, University of Manitoba (2010)
- Dr. Jenny Rogers, University of British Columbia (2009)
- Dr. Daniel Blumberger, University of Toronto (2008)
- Dr. Dallas Seitz, University of Toronto (2008)
- Dr. Peter Giacobbe, University of Toronto (2006)
- Dr. Mark Bosma, Dalhousie University (2005)
- Dr. Sara Thompson, University of Toronto (2005)
- Dr. Cheryl Murphy Dalhousie University (2004)
- Dr. Laura McCabe University of Toronto (2004)
Lilly Fellowship Awards
Dr. Supurna Madam University of Calgary (2003)
Dr. Jeannie Ferguson Dalhousie University (2002)
Dr. Mark Rapoport University of Toronto (2001)