CAGP OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTIONS IN GERIATRIC PSYCHIATRY AWARD
Each year the CAGP seeks nominations for the Annual Award for Outstanding Contributions in Geriatric Psychiatry. This award recognizes a geriatric psychiatrist who has made a significant contribution to geriatric psychiatry in Canada through education, research or innovations in service delivery.
The award and a complimentary conference registration will be presented at the 2016 CAGP Annual Scientific Meeting to be held in Quebec City September 29 – October 1, 2016
. The recipients name and picture will be published along with other award recipients at the 2016 Canadian Psychiatric Association (CPA) Awards Annual Meeting.
Applications are reviewed by the Awards committee, with the process favouring those who have not previously received the Award.Criteria
The nominee must meet some or all of the qualities outlined below.
The nominee has:
- Demonstrated leadership, both within his/her own organization and elsewhere in the field of geriatric mental health. Leadership may include local, national and international influence. It may have occurred in the CanMED areas of Medcial Expert, Manager and/or Health Advocate. Leadership within Canada will be given the greatest weight.
- A proven ability in innovative problem-solving and decision-making.
- Exhibits high ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of their work
- Demonstrated a commitment to patient/older adult advocacy in the public policy field
The nominee has demonstrated significant accomplishment in:
- educational and scholastic activities designed to add to the body of knowledge in the field of geriatric mental health care
- support to professional organizations dedicated to improving the lives of older adults affected with mental health problems and illnesses
- being a role model and motivates/mentors others in the pursuit of excellence with research, education or clinical care in the area of geriatric psychiatry ,capacity for care and compassion to clients, colleagues and students alike
The nomination must include the following:
Application Due: April 29, 2016
- A written statement by the nominator concerning the merit of the individual’s contribution with regards to the above-mentioned qualities in sufficient detail to allow assessment by the Selection Committee.
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae
- The applicant is a member of the CAGP
Please submit the completed nomination package electronically to email@example.com
, with all sections clearly marked to CAGP Awards Committee.
If you have any questions please contact us.
The successful applicant with be notified by May 31, 2016.
Previous Award Winners are:
- Dr. Paule Hottin (2015)
- Dr. Mark Rapoport (2014)
- Dr. Catherine Shea (2013)
- Dr. Melissa Andrew (2013)
- Dr. Kiran Rabheru (2012)
- Dr. Martin G. Cole (2011)
- Dr. Nathan Herrmann - Toronto, ON (2010)
- Dr. Martha Donnelly - Vancouver, BC (2009)
- Dr. Kenneth Shulman - Toronto, ON (2008)
- Dr. Lilian Thorpe - Saskatoon, SK (2007)
- Dr. Joel Sadavoy - Toronto, Ontario (2006)
- Dr. David Conn - Toronto, Ontario (2005)
- Dr. Ken LeClair - Kingston, Ontario (2004)
- Dr. Marie-France Tourigny-Rivard - Ottawa, Ontario (2003)