The CAGP Trainee Committee was formed in 2012 with the goal of creating opportunities and support for Member-in-Training (MIT) members and potential MIT members. One of the committee’s initiatives was to encourage psychiatry residents to join the academy by offering them complimentary memberships. Since then the CAGP MIT membership numbers have tripled from 9 (June 2011) to 35 (June 2012), and we have continued to welcome more members to this day. Building upon the success of its inaugural year the committee has set its National Trainee Strategy Initiatives for this year.2013 Opportunities for Resident and Students
For more information click here
- Complimentary Memberships for Psychiatry Residents. For the second year in a row the CAGP is pleased to offer complimentary memberships to psychiatry residents and fellows under the category of Member-in-Training (MIT).
- Follow Us on Facebook
- 2013 CAGP Bursaries
- Seven (7) $500 bursaries for residents to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting on September 25 in Ottawa, ON.
- One (1) $500 bursary for a medical student to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting on September 25 in Ottawa, ON.
- Two (2) $500 bursaries for senior residents / fellows to attend the National Review Course on September 23-24 in Ottawa, ON.
- Events and Networking Opportunities
- CAGP Trainee Breakfast on Wednesday, September 25 at 8am
- CAGP Trainee social event will be held on the night of Wednesday, September 25 to meet and network with other trainees interested in geriatric psychiatry.
- A resident track symposium on the subspecialization of geriatric psychiatry and training opportunities will be presented in partnership with the CPA MIT Executive at the CPA Annual Meeting on Friday, September 27, 2013.
- Support of the Canadian medical students National Geriatrics Interest Group